The Society of Professional Journalists is the nation’s most broad-based journalism organization, dedicated to encouraging the free practice of journalism and stimulating high standards of ethical behavior. Founded in 1909 as Sigma Delta Chi, SPJ promotes the free flow of information vital to a well-informed citizenry through the daily work of its nearly 10,000 members; works to inspire and educate current and future journalists through professional development; and protects First Amendment guarantees of freedom of speech and press through its advocacy efforts.
It is the mission of the Society of Professional http://rzocoruse.com Journalists:
- To promote this flow of information.
- To maintain constant vigilance in protection of the First Amendment guarantees of freedom of speech and of the press.
- To stimulate high standards and ethical behavior in the practice of journalism.
- To foster excellence among journalists.
- To inspire successive generations of talented individuals to become dedicated journalists.
- To encourage diversity in journalism.
- To be the pre-eminent, broad-based membership organization for journalists.
- To encourage a climate in which journalism can be practiced freely.
For more information about our national organization, please visit www.spj.org.